Like most home components that see frequent use, your sliding patio doors may start displaying signs of failure. Are they prone to sticking and jamming? Maybe they don’t even fit snugly into their frame. There are many reasons why this could happen, and it’s crucial to deal with them promptly to ensure good performance from your door unit. Renewal by Andersen® of Atlanta, premier expert in doors and windows installation, shares some of the most common causes.
- Improper lubrication. To ensure smooth gliding operation from your patio doors, you’ll want to make sure you’re using the right kind of lubrication. This prevents undesirable friction that can result in excessive heat, wear and tear, and even metal fatigue.
- Grease leaking from door bearings. Just how long the grease used for rolling bearings is dependent on several factors. These include temperature, speed, load, type, and the bearing arrangement itself. It pays to keep the bearings relubricated to prevent sliding patio door failure.
- Alignment issues. Like your casement windows, your sliding patio doors should fit perfectly in their frame. This allows for an airtight seal that helps keep indoor temperature comfortable and consistent. Sometimes, however, your doors can fall out of alignment due to loose screws or normal wear and tear. Make sure your sliding patio doors are properly adjusted to keep them in good shape.
- Hair accumulating in the bearings. This is a common issue for pet owners. You may have noticed that your sliding patio doors have become hard to open. Hair or fur may have gotten caught in the bearings over time and caused them to stop rolling. Check the bearings for hair regularly, and have the accumulation removed by a pro to keep your sliding door unit working properly.
- Sloppy door installation. Sliding patio doors usually fail because they aren’t installed properly in the first place. That’s why it’s essential to hire a dependable door installation contractor, like Renewal by Andersen of Atlanta, for the job. Through our quality workmanship, your sliding patio doors can ensure only long-lasting and effortless performance.
We are not just your number one choice for high-quality double hung windows—you can also count on us for your patio door needs. In fact, our sliding patio doors use Andersen®’s exclusive dual ball-bearing rollers with self-contained leveling adjusters, allowing for secure and easy gliding operation. Plus, they come in a variety of customization options, from color combinations and advanced glass, to hardware finishes and locking systems.
Expect only worry-free performance from sliding patio doors offered by Renewal by Andersen of Atlanta. We proudly serve homeowners in Atlanta and the surrounding communities. Call us today at (404) 947-5300 or fill out this online form to get a free consultation.