Choosing the right windows company for your window replacement project helps ensure its success. Which is why you should take the time to interview all your prospective contractors before you make your decision. The following are some of the questions you should ask during the interview:
- Are You Properly Licensed and Insured? If you have several contractors on your list, this is the first question you should ask. A legitimate replacement window contractor should have a contractor’s license issued by the State of Georgia Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors, which you should be able to verify over the phone. Proper insurance should include both general liability coverage and workers’ compensation.
- What Materials Do You Use? Material selection is important when choosing replacement windows, as their durability, energy efficiency and long-term performance depend on it. Renewal by Andersen® replacement windows feature exclusive materials and technologies, such as High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass and Fibrex® material, both of which are engineered to provide optimal energy efficiency, among other benefits.
- How Long Have You Been In Business? A legitimate windows contractor with years of experience can ensure the success of your replacement project. At Renewal by Andersen® of Atlanta, we take pride in the 110-plus years experience of our parent company, Andersen Corporation, as well as our own since opening our first store in 1995. Our hassle-free installation process ensures consistently successful results every time.
- What Is Your Warranty Coverage? The ideal replacement window contractor should offer coverage for both materials and workmanship, with a reasonably long coverage time. Our Transferable Limited Warranty features an industry-leading 20-year coverage on our High-Performance Low-E4 glass packages, a separate 20-year coverage on Fibrex® material components, a 10-year coverage on non-Fibrex material and non-glass components, and a 5-year coverage on workmanship.
- Do You Provide Written Quotations? If the contractor only provides a verbal quote at the end of a consultation, there’s a good chance the contract price will be different the next time you talk. At Renewal by Andersen, we provide a no-pressure written quotation at the end of every consultation, which you can review at your convenience. During the consultation, we encourage our potential clients to ask questions about the quote, and make changes or corrections as needed.
Renewal by Andersen® of Atlanta has all the right qualities you can expect from a replacement windows contractor. Call us today at (888) 908-3332 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free estimate and in-home consultation. We serve many areas in and near Marietta, GA.